My American Diary Episode 1: The Coffee




It is a life long dream for many in India to go abroad and if that abroad is "USA" then its like,  cherry on top of your cheese cake {sone pe suhaga}.
Now if you are all set for USA, what are the things that come to your mind when you think of USA .. Hmmm .. what came to my mind?? ... Snow, hip-hop artists , rappers , freak heads , piercings , Coke , Bear , blonde heads , burgers , huge buildings, better life style , pollution free atmosphere.. huh!!
And yes the Coffee....Thanks to the million dollar scene from the Hindi movie English Vinglish where India's darling Sreedevi was traumatized by the American Coffee lady .{lol.}

So here  I am .. sharing my bitter but happy ending Coffee story :

My experience was not that rough if I compare it to Sreedevi's , But was bitter. I come from a south Indian family so coffee is something that I am very fond of. I prefer my coffee to be not so strong with more milk and less sugar. So with this coffee expertise I went to one of the coffee shops here which is called STARBUCKS.. ya ya I know it's one of the biggest Coffee chains in the world.

The Coffee Inspector as I fondly call them started the interrogation with a smile.
What size? what type ? whip cream or no whip cream ? skimmed milk or 2%? sugar no sugar? white chocolate or dark chocolate? extra hot ?

At the end I was sketching myself as Sreedevi's character in the movie { obviously not for the looks } but because of the similar situation. {clue less}.

The process was bad and the outcome was worse. It is no way an easy thing to figure out what coffee you would like in a different country where the whole coffee procedure I mean the blend and the ingredients are very different from the ones that you are used to. But my undying Coffee love inspired me to fight. { Veer tum badhe chalo...}

My experiments with coffee continued for a month or so . Lot of bitter experiences..... There were times when I was craving for a coffee and had to content myself with a coffee chocolate. So sad.. right...

This never ending bitter saga was not showing any signs of closure. But that day "Serendipity" happened. One of my American friend stopped by my desk and got me a cup of coffee from Star Bucks coz our office cafeteria was closed on that day {why it was closed... hmm...no idea}. And what a twist in the story. The Coffee tasted exactly the way I always wished it to be.
And that very day he became my Coffee Angel....

So Finally I got the solution for my coffee derivation.
So here's my favorite coffee specification in USA: CafĂ© mocha with white chocolate and whip cream.



Huh!! Sounds really simple but was not that easy to achieve.

What's you Coffee combination??? please comment below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One for the kitchen One for the Soul

Are we missing something in our life